Father’s Day wishes to all the fathers we hold dear in our hearts!
Using the Sheltering Tree and Guy Greetings stamp sets, I created this classic scene. I love that I was able to use the leaves from the Sheltering Tree stamp set to also create the background.
Here’s the details:
- Start with a 5″ x 3-3/4″ piece of Shimmery White card stock
- Stamp the car with Memento Black Ink
- Using a blender pen, color the car with Night of Navy and Smoky Slate inks
- Stamp the trees in Early Espresso
- Ink the leaves in Pear Pizzazz and use a Garden Green marker to add some depth
- Stamp the sentiment in Night of Navy
- Ink & stamp off the leaves in Soft Sky to fill in the sky
- Repeat the process with Smoky Slate to fill in the lower part of the card
- Adhere to a 5-1/8″ x 3-7/8″ piece of Night of Navy and a Smoky Slate card base
Have a great week!
Here is a Father’s Day card I’ve made for my husband using the Guy Greetings stamp set and a bit of watercoloring. Life has been a bit crazy for us this year and my dear husband is always my anchor!
To make this card:
- Start with a 5″ x 3 3/4″ piece of Shimmery White card stock.
- Using an Aqua Painter and Smoky Slate ink, watercolor a background area.
- Stamp the anchor image in Lost Lagoon and the sentiment in Basic Gray inks.
- Add a strip of Moonlight DSP to the top and wrap some Linen Thread along the bottom edge.
- Use the Triple Banner Punch to make a 1″ banner in Lost Lagoon.
- Cut a star in Hello Honey card stock using the Stars Framelits. I sponged some Hello Honey ink around the edges and popped it up.
- Layer onto a piece of Lost Lagoon and attach to a Basic Gray card base.
My inspiration for this card is from two sketch challenges –
Can You Case It? and Paper Craft Crew Challenges.
The designers over at Sunday Stamps have a fun challenge and some great creations to inspire. The challenge is to use the sketch on the left and create a scene.
To create my scene, I used an Oval Framelit to cut the “hills” from a piece of Cherry on Top DSP and sponged the edges in Cucumber Crush. The sun is from the Kinda Eclectic stamp set and stamped in Daffodil Delight. Small clouds from the Balloon Celebrations stamp set were added in Pool Party, stamping off once before stamping onto the card. The affectionate couple is from the Beautiful Ride stamp set. The image is stamped onto a piece of Shimmery White cardstock, colored using a Blender Pen, and then cut out. The sentiment from the Express Yourself stamp set and is stamped in Watermelon Wonder onto a small Whisper White banner. The scene is adhered to a piece of Bermuda Bay cardstock and placed onto a Pool Party card base.
Be sure to visit Sunday Stamps to see who all is “creating a scene.”
Two items used to create this card are retiring May 31, 2016, and can be ordered through my Online Store:
140738: Beautiful Ride
129381: Ovals Collection Framelits
Our unusually warm weather here in Nebraska, along with an early showing of plants coming up in the yard, has inspired me to make some pretty spring cards. And the Easter Fun! challenge over at SUO Challenges #143 was just what I needed to get going on Easter cards.
While browsing Pinterest for Easter ideas, I came across Brenda Quintana’s video on how to make a cross using the Modern Label punch which was the inspiration for this card. Aren’t the lovely pastels in the Birthday Bouquet DSP just perfect for a spring card?
Here are the details to make this card:
- Whisper White CS – 4 1/4 x 11 folded
- Mint Macaron CS – 4 x 5 1/4
- Birthday Bouquet DSP – 3 3/4 x 5
- Add a Tea Lace Paper Doily
- Whisper White CS – 2 3/4 x 4 1/2. Use the Modern Label Punch to make the cross. Since I was using the old whale style punch, I needed to use a slightly narrower piece of paper than Brenda used in her video.
- Kinda Eclectic – stamp the sunburst in Crushed Curry
- Soft Suede CS -2 1/2 x 4 1/4. Emboss with the Woodgrain Textured Impressions Embossing Folder and attach behind cross, then add to card using Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Delightful Dozen (retired) — stamp sentiment in Soft Suede
- Mint Macaron CS – Punch two leaves with the Bird Builder punch and trim
- Something to Say – stamp small flower in Blushing Bride onto Blushing Bride CS and punch with the Itty Bitty Accents flower punch
- Add a small pearl
Thanks for stopping by!
Five years ago today, we were blessed with our first granddaughter. She is so proud to be turning 5 and being old enough to start kindergarten this fall. Oh, to be excited about turning another year older!
The new Number of Years stamp set with the coordinating Large Numbers Framelit Dies was perfect for making her birthday card with a big pink 5 on it. Candles and balloons are part of the celebration. Both can be found in the It’s My Party Designer Series Pack Stack but for this card, I chose the candles in the DSP and added balloons using the Balloon Celebration Stamp set and coordinating Balloon Bouquet Punch. A little bit of sparkle was added to the balloons using the Wink Of Stella Glitter Brush and the new two-tone baker’s twine makes the perfect strings for the balloons.
Thanks for stopping by!
With just a month until Valentine’s Day, the Sunday Stamps color challenge helped me get started on Valentine’s cards. The colors I used for this card are Crumb Cake, Melon Mambo, Blushing Bride, and Whisper White.
The cute little heart on this card is from the You’re So Sweet stamp set and is cut out with the coordinating die from the Mini Treat Bag Thinlits Dies. It is layered onto a small tag cut out using the Tags and Labels Framelits Dies. The soft texture on the Blushing Bride layer is achieved using the Softly Falling Textured Impressions Embossing Folder – such a versatile embossing folder! A piece of a Tea Lace Paper Doily and a small flower with a pearl center complete this card.
Thanks for stopping by!
Stampin’ Up! Products Used:
Another exciting Stampin’ Up! promotion is the sale on Paper Pumpkin subscriptions. Now through March 31, 2016, subscribe to receive a fun monthly kit in the mail at the reduced rate AND earn FREE product(s) from the Sale-A-Bration catalog.
3-Month Prepaid Subscription (137859) $59.85 $55
Save on a 3-month prepaid subscription and instantly qualify for a FREE Sale-A-Bration item!
12-Month Prepaid Subscription (137861) $215.40
Take it to the next level with a 12-month prepaid subscription. Save $24 a year with the everyday awesome price, earn Stampin’ Rewards, and instantly qualify for 4 FREE Sale-A-Bration items!
To enroll, please visit Paper Pumpkin.