The Brusho Crystals create fun, unique backgrounds. I used a combination of Prussian Blue, Gamboge, and Yellow crystals for the background of this birthday card. The bright colors just seem to say “Celebrate!”
A couple of tips when using the Brusho Crystals:
- Use a light touch when shaking the crystals onto the paper. The pigment in the crystals is intense. You can always add more color.
- Another very important tip is to NOT remove the lid of the containers. You can use a push pin to pierce a small hole in the lid which will allow you to sprinkle lightly. This will also prevent a disaster if the container is accidentally dropped.
To make this card:
- Card base – Lemon Lime Twist cardstock cut 5.5″ x 8.5″, scored at 4.25″
- Island Indigo cardstock cut 3.75″ x 5″
- Watercolor Paper cut 3-5/8″ x 4-7/8″
- Spritz the Watercolor Paper & sprinkle with the Brusho Crystals. Sprintz again to blend the colors.
- Using the Happy Celebrations stamp set, stamp the outline letters with Versamark ink onto a 1.75″ x 4″ strip of Island Indigo yardstick. Heat emboss with White Embossing Powder. Fussy cut the individual letters and adhere to card using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp the rest of the sentiment with Island Indigo ink onto an 1/2″ wide strip of Thick Whisper White cardstock.
- Layer this onto a 3/8″ strip of Pumpkin Pie cardstock.
Thanks for stopping by!