I was excited to see this week’s Stamp, Paper, Ink Challenge #164 is to use our paper scraps because it was the motivation for me to make a card using an idea I had seen with the Wood Textures DSP.
To create this background, cut 1″ strips of the DSP and adhere them diagonally to a piece of Early Espresso cardstock. Be sure to sponge a little bit of Early Espresso ink around the edges of each strip prior to adhering them. That will cover the white edges you get when cutting the DSP. There’s lots of possibilities for this background, but I chose to use the Falling for Leaves Bundle in the upcoming Stampin’ Up! 2018 Holiday Catalog, as well as a strip of the new Country Lane DSP. Although summer is quite over yet, it was fun to start playing with new fall products which will be available to order September 5, 2018.
Thanks for stopping by!
Stampin’ Up! Product List:
- Falling for Leaves stamp set
- Country Lane Designer Series Paper; Blackberry Bliss, Crushed Curry, Early Espresso, and Whisper White cardstock
- Blackberry Bliss, Crushed Curry, and Early Espresso ink
- 5/8″ Burlap Ribbon, Blackberry Bliss Nature’s Twine
- Big Shot, Detailed Leaves Thinlits Dies, Stitched Shapes and Layering Circles Famelits Dies