Happy Friday! I hope you have had a good week. Today, I’m sharing another birthday card using the Young At Heart stamp set. The sentiment is so appropriate for my friends’ birthday cards – we like to believe we are not getting older even though our bodies tend to remind us otherwise.
To make this card:
- Start with a Thick Whisper White card base
- Add a layer of Basic Black cut with the largest Stitched Rectangles die
- Cut a piece of Thick Whisper White card stock to slightly less than 3-3/8″ x 4-5/8″. Stamp the girls image in Tuxedo Black Memento ink a bit to the left of center of this piece.
- Now for the fun part – color the image with your choice of Watercolor Pencils. I used Melon Mambo, Night of Navy, Gorgeous Grape, and Daffodil Delight for their outfits. Blend each color using a Blender Pen.
- Stamping the sentiment required masking the stamp using a Post-It note. The larger font is stamped on a 1/2″ banner, and the smaller font is stamped in the lower right corner of the image.
- Next, cut the Gorgeous Grape frame by using the second and third largest Stitched Rectangles dies.
- Using the Multipurpose Liquid Adhesive, adhere the frame to the stamped image.
- Adhere this to the black layer.
- Use Stampin’ Dimensionals to pop up the banner.
- Add some bling using the Noble Peacock Rhinestones.
I’m entering this card in the Sunday Stamps Sketch Challenge.
Tomorrow is World Card Making Day, so I hope you will have time to make and send a card or two to brighten someone’s day.
Thanks for stopping by!