Welcome to the Stamp It Group Blog Hop! This month’s projects feature a holiday theme. You will find links to the other blogs on the hop at the end of this post, as well as information on this month’s Giveaway contest.
Thanksgiving is a time to pause and reflect on our many blessings and to acknowledge gratitude to our loved ones. Today I’m sharing a card that expresses that gratitude.
My card features several copper elements offered by Stampin’ Up! including the new Delicata Celestial Copper Ink. The Delicata ink adds a nice shimmer to a stamped image. I found that stamping the leaf image twice really enhanced the effect. Using the Stamparatus tool ensures exact placement for stamping twice. In addition to using the Delicata ink on the leaf, I added some flecks of it on the background. This was accomplished by tapping an acrylic block on the ink pad to pick up a small amount of ink and then brushing an Aqua Painter around the block. I held the Aqua Painter a few inches above the background and gently tapped it to create splatters.
To make this card:
- Start with a Bermuda Bay card base, cut 5-1/2″ x 8-/12″ and fold in half.
- Add a 4″ x 5-1/4″ layer of Copper Foil.
- Emboss a 3-3/4″ x 5″ piece of Very Vanilla cardstock using the Pinewood Planks 3D embossing folder. Add the flecks of Delicata Celestial Copper Ink.
- Stamp the leaf image with the Delicata ink on a piece of Bermuda Bay card stock and die cut with the coordinating die.
- Die cut the smaller leaf from the Copper Foil sheet.
- Stamp the Harvest Hellos pumpkin on a piece of Grapefruit Grove card stock using Cajun Craze ink and punch out with the Apple Builder punch.
- Use the 3rd largest circle die from the Stitched Shapes dies to cut a Vellum layer.
- Cut a piece of Copper Trim and “fluff” it out using your fingers.
- The sentiment is from the Country Home stamp set. It is heat embossed with the Copper Embossing Powder on a 5/8″ wide piece of Very Vanilla card stock.
For the inside of the card, I used Cajun Craze ink to stamp another sentiment from the Country Home stamp set and a leaf image from the Colorful Seasons stamp set.
To enter this month’s Blog Hop Giveaway Contest, be sure to leave me a comment including the hashtag #stampitcontest. You can have multiple entries in the Giveaway contest by leaving a comment on each blog.
Congratulations to Marylu Tyler, last month’s Giveaway winner!
I hope you enjoyed today’s card. Have fun hopping on over to the other blogs to see their fabulous creations.
Thanks for stopping by!