It’s been a while since I posted a card here, so today I’m playing along with two challenge blogs – TGIF Challenge and Sunday Stamps – to inspire me to create this cheery Get Well card.
To make this card:
- I started with a Whisper White card base.
- I added a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Pineapple Punch.
- On the 3 -3/4 x 5 layer of Grapefruit Grove, I stamped the sentiment from the new Healing Hugs stamp set.
- Next, I added a 3-1/2 x 3-1/2 square of Whisper White and Lemon Lime Twist Striped Ribbon.
- Then I used the Flourish Thinlets to cut the flowers in Grapefruit Grove and the leaves in Lemon-Lime Twist and used glue dots to adhere them in place.
- I finished by adding Crushed Curry Glitter Enamel Dots to the center of each flower.
Thanks for stopping by!
Stampin’ Up!’s CEO, Sara Douglass, recently asked people to share on Facebook the impact of receiving a handmade card. Today, I’m sharing a card I received from a friend and fellow demonstrator, Kim Quade, after my recent knee replacement surgery. It really brightened my day! Sometimes I get too focused on the creativity I put into making card when really what counts is how it can brighten someone’s day.
So, let those dear to you know you are thinking of them – make a card and send a card!
Happy Friday! It is a happy day for me as I was able to get back to stamping. We recently moved, barely got settled into our temporary home before having foot surgery. Now that life has finally settled into a routine, my craft room was calling me. But, where to begin? When I need inspiration for a card, which is generally the case, my favorite sources of inspiration include the Stampin’ Up! catalog, Pinterest, and fun challenge blogs.
For this card, I started with the sketch from the Freshly Made Sketches challenge blog and the color challenge over at Hand Stamped Sentiments.
I just love how beautiful this color combination is. Be sure to visit both of these great challenge blogs and get inspired to create your own gorgeous card. Happy Stamping!
Stampin’ Up Supplies Used:
- Birthday Blossoms stamp set
- Dapper Denim and Whisper White card stock
- Emerald Envy, Mint Macaron, Dapper Denim, Blushing Bride, and Tuxedo Black Memento ink
- Pansy Punch
- Blender Pen
- 5/8″ Burlap Ribbon
- Fabulous Four stamp set and It’s My Party DSP (retired products)
Today I’m sharing a quick and easy card we made in this month’s Coffee & Cards group.
This fun print from the Sheer Vellum Designer Series Paper Stack is the focal point of the card. It is layered onto a piece of Whisper White CS before being adhered to the Soft Sky panel. Using the Circles Collection Framelits, I cut a circle in Basic Gray and a smaller circle in Blushing Bride. The butterfly is punched from Soft Sky CS and from White Vellum. The vellum layer of the butterfly doesn’t really show in this photo, but it gives the butterfly a very soft look. Two small flowers are also punched from Soft Sky CS. This sentiment is from the Express Yourself stamp set, but another sentiment would work well also.
Current Stampin’ Up! Products Used: