Today I’m sharing another card made with the Cool Treats stamp set and coordinating Frozen Treats Framelits Dies. Popsicles seem like the perfect way to cool off in hot July weather, and we have been experiencing some very hot temperatures here in Nebraska! This card also features the fun new Foil Frenzy Speciality DSP.
To make this card:
- Start with a Soft Sky card base.
- Add a 1-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ strip of Soft Sky Foil Frenzy. I just love the shimmer in this paper.
- On a 3″ x 4″ piece of Whisper White cardstock, stamp the sentiment in Pool Party and Berry Burst inks.
- Stamp the 3 popsicle sticks in Crumb Cake.
- Stamp the popsicle image 3 times onto a piece of Whisper White cardstock – once each in Lemon-Lime Twist, Berry Burst, and Pool Party. Cut out each image with the matching framelit die and adhere with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Layer this panel onto a 3-1/8″ x 4-1/8″ piece of Berry Burst cardstock.
- Adhere this to the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Thanks for stopping by!
The theme for the current TGIF! challenge is the Summertime Blues. What’s a cure for those blues – enjoying ice cream with our granddaughters at the Blue Bunny Ice Cream Parlor in LeMars, IA!
And that was the inspiration for my card, along with the Fab Friday sketch challenge.
To make this card, I started with a Pool Party card base and added the blue background print from the retired Tasty Treats Specialty DSP. I adhered a piece of 5/8″ Burlap Ribbon to the card background.
I cut all the pieces for the sundae using the Frozen Treats Framelits. The scoops of ice cream are cut from Peekaboo Peach, So Saffron, and Flirty Flamingo cardstock. The topping is cut from Chocolate Chip cardstock, the spoons from the Silver Foil paper, and the bowl from Tasty Treats Specialty DSP. The Multipurpose Liquid Glue works well for assembling the sundae. Using a sentiment from the retired Tasty Trucks stamp set, I made a small banner which is adhered to the back of the ice cream dish. Next, I tied a small bow of Linen Thread around the two spoons and attached them to the bowl using a glue dot. A small Real Red cherry tops off the sundae. I then adhered the sundae onto a Whisper White circle cut with the Stitched Shapes Framelits and added the cute Flirty Flamingo scalloped circle cut with the Layering Circles Framelits. Finally, I popped up the assembled circle using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Now I may need to go enjoy some more ice cream!
Current Stampin’ Up! Products Used:
- Paper: Whisper White, Pool Party, Peekaboo Peach, So Saffron, Flirty Flamingo, Chocolate Chip, Real Red, and Silver Foil
- Ink: Archival Basic Black
- Tools: Big Shot; Frozen Treats, Stitched Shapes, and Layering Circles Framelits
- Embellishments: Linen Thread, 5/8″ Burlap Ribbon