Today I’m sharing a card I made to play along with the color challenge over at Hand Stamped Sentiments.
I’ve had this lovely color combination in my mind for several days and I kept thinking of flowers. Tonight, I finally had a chance to get out the Garden in Bloom stamp set and play with these colors. I kept the card very clean and simple, adding the white enamel dots over the black flower centers. Since I always need birthday cards, I decided to use the sentiment from the Rose Garden stamp set.
After I completed this card, I noticed that the current challenge at The Paper Players is to use Flowers, so I will be posting this card there as well.
Stampin Up! Products:
- Garden in Bloom and Rose Wonder stamp sets
- Flirty Flamingo, Emerald Envy, and Whisper White cardstock
- Flirty Flamingo, Watermelon Wonder, Emerald Envy, Tuxedo Black Memento inks
- Rose Garden Thinlits, White Perfect Accents, Flirty Flamingo Ruched Ribbon
One of my favorite stamp sets in the 2017 Occasions Catalog is Beautiful You. It is so versatile with 3 different images of women and wonderful sentiments.
#143637 – Clear Mount,
#143004 – Wood Mount
The sketch at Hand Stamped Sentiments provided the layout of this card. I used the paper piecing technique to dress the lovely lady. It’s really an easy technique. Simply stamp the image onto a piece of Designer Series Paper and cut out the portion you want, which in this case, is the dress. Then adhere the dress to the image stamped onto Very Vanilla card stock. To complete her outfit, I colored her hat using an Aqua Painter and my Emerald Envy stamp pad.
Thanks for stopping by!
Stampin’ Up! Products Used:
- Very Vanilla, Basic Black, and Emerald Envy Cardstock; Playful Palette DSP
- Emerald Envy and Tuxedo Black Memento Inks
- Ovals Collection Framelits, Aqua Painter
Hello Stamping Friends,
Today’s CAS card was inspired by the Inspiration Challenge #252 at Hand Stamped Sentiments. The blue in the sketch just popped for me! The color combination I used for this card is Pacific Point, Cucumber Crush, and Real Red.
The trees are stamped in Cucumber Crush. To better define the trees, I inked the solid image from the Festival of Trees stamp set in Pool Party and “stamped off” once before stamping over each tree. To add a little sparkle to trees, I added a couple of Gold Glitter stars and used Wink of Stella on the red ornaments. I used the Softly Falling Textured Embossing Folder to give some texture to the Whisper White base layer.
Thanks for stopping by!
Stampin Up! Products used:
- Stamp Sets: Festival of Trees, And Many More
- Ink: Cucumber Crush, Pool Party, Real Red, and Pacific Point
- Paper: Pacific Point, Real Red, and Whisper White cardstock; Gold Glitter Paper
- Other: Stitched Shapes Framelits, Layering Circles Framelits, Mini Treat Bag Thinlits, Softly Falling Textured Embossing Folder, Tree Punch, Wink of Stella
Today I’m sharing a card I made using the lovely Pretty Pines thinlets and inspired by the Hand Stamped Sentiments #251 sketch challenge.
I started with a Whisper White card base and added the diagonal stripe from the Presents & Pinecones DSP layered onto a piece of Emerald Envy card stock. The sentiment is from the Better Together stamp set and is stamped in Cherry Cobbler. Then I added the elements cut with the Pretty Pines thinlets and a bow made with Linen Thread.
Thanks for stopping by!
Stampin‘ Up! Products used:
- Better Together stamp set
- Cherry Cobbler ink pad
- Presents & Pinecones Designer Series Paper
- Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Emerald Envy, Mint Macaron card stock
- Real Red Glimmer paper
- Pretty Pines Thinlets dies
- Linen Thread
Happy Friday! It is a happy day for me as I was able to get back to stamping. We recently moved, barely got settled into our temporary home before having foot surgery. Now that life has finally settled into a routine, my craft room was calling me. But, where to begin? When I need inspiration for a card, which is generally the case, my favorite sources of inspiration include the Stampin’ Up! catalog, Pinterest, and fun challenge blogs.
For this card, I started with the sketch from the Freshly Made Sketches challenge blog and the color challenge over at Hand Stamped Sentiments.
I just love how beautiful this color combination is. Be sure to visit both of these great challenge blogs and get inspired to create your own gorgeous card. Happy Stamping!
Stampin’ Up Supplies Used:
- Birthday Blossoms stamp set
- Dapper Denim and Whisper White card stock
- Emerald Envy, Mint Macaron, Dapper Denim, Blushing Bride, and Tuxedo Black Memento ink
- Pansy Punch
- Blender Pen
- 5/8″ Burlap Ribbon
- Fabulous Four stamp set and It’s My Party DSP (retired products)