This truck in the Country Livin’ stamp set was a perfect image for my dad’s Father’s Day card. It brings back fond memories of my grandfather tinkering around with his old truck. The new Pinewood Planks 3D Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder creates a rustic background which pairs well with the old pick up truck. I also used the truck image on the inside of the card.
To make this card:
- I started with a Smoky Slate card base.
- I cut a 4″ x 5.25″ piece of Smoky Slate cardstock. After lightly misting it with water, I ran it through the Big Shot using the Pinewood Planks embossing folder. When it was dry, I lightly sponged some Smoky Slate ink across the texture of the planks and around the edges.
- Next, I stamped the truck image with Tuxedo Black Memento Ink onto a piece of Watercolor Paper. Using my Aqua Painter with the Dapper Denim, Chocolate Chip, Basic Gray, Old Olive and So Saffron ink pads, I colored the image.
- I cut it out with the largest oval in the Stitched Shapes Framelits and layered it onto a larger Dapper Denim oval cut with the Layering Ovals Framelits.
- I added a strip of Mossy Green DSP from my stash of papers and a strip of the 5/8″ Burlap Ribbon, which added to the rustic look.
- The Best Dad Ever sentiment is from the retired And Many More stamp set. I stamped it in Dapper Denim ink and punched it out using the Classic Label punch.
- For the inside of the card, I inked the image in Dapper Denim ink and stamped off twice before stamping on white cardstock.
- The Happy Father’s Day sentiment from the Guy Greetings set is stamped in Dapper Denim.