Easter often brings to mind springtime, bunnies, and Easter eggs. The cross is a symbol of the true meaning of Easter – Christ’s crucifixation & resurrection for our salvation. Here is an Easter card I made using the Hold on to Hope Bundle in the 2018 Occasions Catalog.
To make this card:
- Cut a card base in Berry Burst – 5.5″ x 8.5″ and scored at 4.25″
- Cut Pool Party – 5″ x 3.75″
- Cut Whisper White – 4 7/8″ x 3 5/8″
- Stamp floral stem in Pool Party
- Use the Layering Oval Framelits to cut a scalloped oval from Silver Foil paper and a smaller oval from Whisper White
- Use the Crosses of Hope Framelits to cut a solid cross from Berry Burst and the detailed cross from Silver Foil
- Use Basic Gray Stampin’ Write marker to color the border of the banner. The sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set is stamped in Berry Burst. Use the banner framelit to cut out the banner and adhere with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Add the small butterfly stamped in Berry Burst and a Glitter Enamel Dot in the middle of the cross.
Thanks for stopping by!
Our unusually warm weather here in Nebraska, along with an early showing of plants coming up in the yard, has inspired me to make some pretty spring cards. And the Easter Fun! challenge over at SUO Challenges #143 was just what I needed to get going on Easter cards.
While browsing Pinterest for Easter ideas, I came across Brenda Quintana’s video on how to make a cross using the Modern Label punch which was the inspiration for this card. Aren’t the lovely pastels in the Birthday Bouquet DSP just perfect for a spring card?
Here are the details to make this card:
- Whisper White CS – 4 1/4 x 11 folded
- Mint Macaron CS – 4 x 5 1/4
- Birthday Bouquet DSP – 3 3/4 x 5
- Add a Tea Lace Paper Doily
- Whisper White CS – 2 3/4 x 4 1/2. Use the Modern Label Punch to make the cross. Since I was using the old whale style punch, I needed to use a slightly narrower piece of paper than Brenda used in her video.
- Kinda Eclectic – stamp the sunburst in Crushed Curry
- Soft Suede CS -2 1/2 x 4 1/4. Emboss with the Woodgrain Textured Impressions Embossing Folder and attach behind cross, then add to card using Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Delightful Dozen (retired) — stamp sentiment in Soft Suede
- Mint Macaron CS – Punch two leaves with the Bird Builder punch and trim
- Something to Say – stamp small flower in Blushing Bride onto Blushing Bride CS and punch with the Itty Bitty Accents flower punch
- Add a small pearl
Thanks for stopping by!